Potatoes are the most popular vegetable in the U.S (whereas in Asia the most popular vegetables are leafy greens).
They have been villainized in recent years due to its high starch content.
However, research has shown that the starch in potatoes is known as resistant starch and is actually beneficial to insulin resistance.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, practitioners have used potatoes to soothe stomach ulcers and gently tonify the body during recuperation.
To learn more, keep reading.
Organs/Meridians: Stomach, Large Intestine
- Tonify Spleen Qi and Harmonize Stomach Qi
- Relieve stomach and duodenal ulcer pain
- Lubricate intestines and promote excretion
- Weak body, recovering from illness
- Stomach and duodenal ulcers
- Chronic constipation
Caution: do not eat sprouted potatoes due to high level of solanine.
- Chuan Tong Shan Shi Yi Ji. (1989). China Commercial Publishing House.
- Mao, S. (2012). The Tao of Nutrition. Seven Star Communications.
So what’s your favorite way to eat Potatoes? Not French fries right? Please share in the comment section below!
Thank you for your visit to yellowempressdiet.com, a site where I share the wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Diet and food therapy.
If you have any suggestions or questions, please email me at email@example.com. Look forward to hearing from you.